Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Choices:Dreams

I’ve made choices in my life to live it for me
Live it for my friends and my family
To live it for God most importantly,
But to follow my dreams ultimately.
I will not be pressured, fooled, or coerced into being,
What society wants me to be,
What friends deem as important
but happen to be unimportant to me
I don’t want to be in relationship just to be in one
Which I’m watching some do,
Or to finally feel that needy void inside
And hear those “I love you’s.”
I will not be the girl desperate for a fairytale life
That she picks whomever to make her his wife.
I know that girl, she will never be me pushing for something
That doesn’t happen organically.
I believe in love, love of thy self,
Love of God before anything else.
I believe in pursuing what your heart has always longed for,
To fulfill your destiny, your personal legend,
And little more.
I’m on that path, of becoming who I want to be,
Making myself proud of me,
Waking up with a purpose,
A meaning, my truth,
That will only happen, if I spread my wings
And allow my dreams to actually come true.
So the questions of who are you dating and who are you seeing?
Will be answered with I’m dating myself and seeing god in all of the things that I do,
I’ve been given this time to strengthen the love for myself, and a vision of my destiny
Which, I’m pursuing happily.
Happiness, faith, and a great life will lead you to loves open doors,
For those concerned no need to question anymore.
My day will come, with a love so sweet,
It will be our destiny to one day meet.
Happiness is hard to attain,
Hard to maintain,
But I’m practicing it right now,
Practice makes perfect and it should be done so before those vows.
I’ve made a list of those things important to me,
And I can not strive for any of them until
I’m where I want to be.

No comments: