Friday, July 18, 2008

Salt...Sweet

It feels like salt in a wound. Each time more is uttered more is told. So I pray. I'm glad that I have been given the gift to not whole grudges. To let go and let god. Have I made mistakes in my life? Absolutely. Can I control how people feel about me or interpret what I say? Absolutely not. But I know at the end of the day I am a good person who will do ANYTHING for true friends. Anything for family. My goal isn't to make people feel bad or make people feel like they are inferior. Most may already feel that way and any little criticism or comment turns into a personal attack. People would have done and said worse than the types of things I said that were not meant to belittle or hurt. Something like this should not have spiraled into this outcome. But I digress.

It's my dads 60th birthday. He is one of the few people that makes me feel good in every circumstance regardless of how bleak. He makes me feel like there is still hope and he does it in such a easy, quick and to the point way. I'm lucky.

I have genuine friends but one so true that it amazes me how far she would go to make things right. I'm happy to have her and I'm not sure what I'd do without her.

Life is sweet. Life is salty. I have realized that life is too short. It's too short to not live to your fullest to live in a constant state of fear and lies. Sieze the day, "Carpe Diem" go for what you want and what makes you happy. DO what makes you happy. I'm learning what makes me happy and who makes me happy but I'm also learning new things about myself and about people.

Anyways, this has become like a diary for me and I will continue to write and continue to pray...he will make it the way it is supposed to be and heal all those who let him in.

1 comment:

Don said...

I agree with you on that @ life is too short, so we all should do what makes us happy. I definitely agree with that. And your dad is ballin' @ it being his 60th birthday.